How to Successfully use Virtual Photo Booth in Hybrid Settings
Some people enjoy in-person events, while others like the comfort of their own homes. Using our Virtual Photo Booth for your Hybrid event is a great solution for both types of people. So what is a hybrid event? Simply put, a hybrid event is a combination of in-person and virtual elements. The key to hosting a successful hybrid event is keeping the experience cohesive for both in-person and virtual attendees - this can be difficult but not impossible. Let's talk about how to create an inclusive and engaging hybrid event:
1. Create matching design assets
You can customize your in-person event and Virtual Photo Booth with the same style, logos, colors, assets, etc.
- Have an event hashtag? Turn it into a frame or sticker.
- Hosting a sponsored event? Add sponsor logos to your booth's landing page.
- Trying to grow your email list? Utilize custom fields in our lead capture feature.
- Using a physical backdrop? Make your virtual background(s) match.
2. Populate images into one gallery
By using branded frames, backgrounds/backdrops, and stickers, you can create a seamless hybrid gallery that populates photos from your in-person and virtual event. You may be thinking, "won't that get out of hand?" and the answer is, not at all! Through our new photo moderation feature, you can choose to hide/delete any photos you don't want to be visible. We even offer the option to require "approval" before any images are published.
3. Avoid the lines
Nothing's more annoying at events than when you have to wait in line for over half an hour and then rush to take your photo and move out of the way. Virtual Photo Booth eliminates any waiting because everyone can directly access the booth from anywhere (in-person, at home, on the bus, at the hotel, you get the point). Guests are able to take photos on their own time, on their devices.
Speaking of own devices - Virtual Photo Booth reduces unnecessary contact with people, which in return reduces the spread of germs. Instead of having one photo booth that hundreds of people touch, everyone has their very own photo booth right in their pocket.
Some perks of hosting a Hybrid event:
- Increase your reach and audience. By allowing guests to attend from both in-person and virtually, you are accommodating various comfort levels and budgets. Think about the busy work-from-home mom who can't get on a plane and leave her children for a 3 day conference across the country. Think about the person who was totally hyped to go but recently felt sick and couldn't go out. Instead of missing the event, they can attend from the comfort of their own home.
- Boost your event engagement. Through event platforms, virtual attendees can engage with speakers and other attendees in similar ways as they would in person, by doing things like commenting, voting, asking questions, sharing, and partaking in fireside chats.
While hybrid events are still new, they are becoming increasingly popular. Hosting your first hybrid event can be intimidating but there are plenty of free online resources that showcase real examples, best practices, platforms, design inspiration, engagement ideas, budgeting, etc. We can't wait to be a part of your hybrid event!