Why businesses should use video testimonials
User-generated video is a powerful way to promote your business and build trust with your customers. Video provides a candid, visual way to showcase previous customer experiences and the positive results they had with your product or service, and by displaying real stories from real customers, you can build trust, demonstrate your commitment to customer satisfaction, and drive more sales.
They’re also not just for customers.
Video testimonials are a powerful way to connect employees working in hybrid and remote teams with short form prompts including but not limited to introductions, collaboration, internal activations, and work celebrations.
How to do video testimonials:
Currently the most common methods are..
- Set up a video camera and microphone in a quiet, professional area. Make sure the background, lighting, and ambient noise are all well suited for video capture.
- Reach out to existing customers and ask them to provide a video testimonial. Explain to them what a video testimonial is and why it is important. Explain that it should be a few minutes long at most and offer to make the process as easy and straightforward as possible.
- Give guidelines for customers or employees to properly capture and share video. Offer them the option of filming on a smartphone, a webcam, or another device, give lighting tips, and a place to send or upload the video.
None of those options are very intuitive, easy, or seamless for the video taker or receiver, however, so we created a better way.
Introducing Snapbar Story - an intuitive web-app that makes it easy for any audience to share their video testimonials, feedback, perspective, or ideas with others. Here’s how it works:
- Users scan a QR code or follow a link to a dedicated landing page
- Users answer prompts in an intuitive, custom-branded experience
- Videos are delivered to a dashboard where admins can moderate content
- Download your videos or view them in a live, shareable gallery
It’s that easy and additional options allow for limiting length, controlling logical multi-prompt flow, lead capture, and moderation.
The Top Business Use Cases for Video Testimonials
- Engage hybrid and virtual event attendees in more impactful ways.
- Incorporate video prompts before, during, and after an event to drive meaningful conversations, support networking, and create loads of marketing content.
- Support remote onboarding and employee engagement.
- Utilize short form videos that automatically populate a live gallery to create a great way for teams to get to know each other when working from remote locations. It can be an integral part of companywide onboarding as well as a temporary engagement tool for internal events or team initiatives.
- Increase eCommerce sales by surfacing product unboxing videos, feedback, or answers to frequently asked questions.
- Build trust with prospects and existing customers. Video testimonials allow customers to experience the product or service firsthand and see the positive effects it has had on other people. This can help to create a stronger connection with potential buyers and drive sales.
- Personalize sales & customer service by responding to people with video rather than email or chat. How often does a canned email response result in a frustrated phone call? Imagine having asynchronous video conversations with customers to answer product questions and address order issues, or engage sales leads with personalized videos.
Social media has already shown us that video is the future of engagement and personalized interactions. Business is just slow to adopt and catch up. By utilizing new platforms like Snapbar Story, companies can start to introduce video into different parts of their onboarding, customer interactions, sales funnels, and corporate events.